Montigny Munk Law Professional Corporation applies a human rights lens in all of its practice areas and is committed to increasing access to justice for people experiencing discrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, marital status, place of origin, race, record of offenses, sex, and sexual orientation. In addition to public legal education relating to human rights and disability issues, Montigny Munk Law Professional Corporation provides legal support relating to human rights in the areas of:
Montigny Munk Law Professional Corporation provides:
- advice on securing the workplace accommodations
- representation in settlement negotiations, court actions, and related human rights complaints, for
- employees when employers fail in their duty to accommodate
- clients who have been wrongfully dismissed
Montigny Munk Law Professional Corporation has knowledge and experience dealing with the unique challenges and legal issues that can arise for people who require attendant care and can advocate for clients who:
- Access Community Care;
- Live in Supported Services Living Units; and
- Are seeking access or are a party to Direct Funding Agreements.
Montigny Munk Law Professional Corporation assists students and families with:
- mediations and negotiations with schools regarding the Identification, Placement, and Review Committees (IPRCs) process and other accommodations of students with disabilities.
- representation at appeals to the Ontario Special Education Appeal Board and the Ontario Special Education Tribunal, as well as in applications to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.